I’m currently going through an audiobook listening craze and lately have been listening to books like The Omnivores Dilemma and Animal, Vegetable, Miracle and in listening to these I’ve been inspired to eat more fruits and vegetables than ever before. To expose myself to more tasty, local produce I’m subscribing to a service that delivers locally grown organic produce to my house once a week. Here’s a salad I put together with items from this week’s box of fresh, autumn produce and a few additional things from my fridge.
- 1 cup lettuce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 persimmon
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese
- Toss lettuce with balsamic vinaigrette.
- Peel and thinly slice persimmon and add to salad.
- Top salad with pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds, and crumbled goat cheese.
Disclosure: Bob’s Red Mill provide generous samples to Nancy and Carrie at their request. This post also contains Amazon affiliate links.